Location, Hours, and Appointments
Stan Getz Library
150 Massachusetts Ave, Rm 297
Boston, Massachusetts 02115
Berklee Archives is open by appointment Monday - Thursday, 10am-4pm. Exhibits are viewable during Stan Getz Library hours.
Archival collections are non-circulating and require an appointment to view. Because most collections are stored off-site and require advance notice for retrieval, please schedule viewing appointments at least two weeks in advance. We cannot generally accommodate same-day requests, and certain items, such as audiovisual materials requiring the production of listening or viewing copies, will require additional processing time before they can be made available.
To schedule an appointment or request research assistance, please email email@example.com or call 617-747-8001. When requesting specific materials, please provide the collection name and box number(s) for the materials you wish to view.
What to Expect During Your Visit
All visitors will be asked to complete a registration form upon arrival, in which they agree to observe Access and Use Policies and rules for using the collections.
- Archival materials must remain in the reading room at all times.
- No food or beverages are allowed while viewing materials. Ensure your hands are clean before handling.
- Laptops, pencils, and notepaper are permitted, but no pens of any kind. Pencils are available to borrow if needed.
- Requested materials will be provided one box at a time; for materials housed in folders, please view one folder at a time, using provided placeholders to preserve folder order. Materials must remain in the order in which they are found.
- Photos (non-flash) are allowed for personal reference/study only. Reproduction requests are granted on a case-by-case basis and may require a release form.
Berklee Archives considers reproduction requests on a case-by-case basis. Please review the information about reproduction services and request forms in our Access and Use Policies.
Situated in Boston's Back Bay, the Stan Getz Library is accessible by public transit (bus and MBTA Green Line) and car.
Limited handicapped accessible parking is available near the library.
- Two spaces on Belvidere Street near Massachusetts Avenue.
- Two spaces at the intersection of Massachusetts Avenue and Boylston Street.
- One space at the intersection of St. Cecilia Street and Boylston Street.
- Additional accessible parking spaces are available at all of the garages and lots listed here.
Accessible street curbs are at the cross streets on either side of the Library on Boylston Street and Belvidere Street. Elevator access to the second floor is available from the central entrance at 150 Massachusetts Ave. Call the Archives office at 617-747-8001 for further assistance or accommodations.